Monday, May 12, 2008

Yahoo! We got home again!


Me and my dad. I love him heaps!

Happy mothers day mum!

Our family!

Mum and Connor - look out everyone!

Watch it mum!

My cow 'moowhistle' and her 'cute' baby 'stevo' after our Dr Steve

Me and dad checking out the tractor, where else would we be!

Uncle dale, aunty hayley and me!

Me and my cousins, Connor, Kyle and Blake. I cant wait to run around with them!

Bella reading me a book

me and dad with moowhistle

The poddies going for a run...yippeeee

The cows hiding from us!

moowhistle and stevo!



Hi there everyone...wow, what a full on few days.
I went to see Dr Steve on Wednesday and he said that i will probably head into transplant in the next couple of weeks-providing a bed is available for me. Mum swooped on that and asked whether we could go home before we go to transplant and after a couple of phone calls, Dr Steve was happy to let us come home again for a few days...boy were we all very excited!
My spleen stuff has healed beautifully and i can sit up with no problems at all now!
Man we all loved home! We travelled on Thursday afternoon and got home thursday night. We called in and saw great nan and pa in sale, nans looking a bit better. On Friday, we caught up with aunty hayley, and rob who is helping us look after our cows. I had the best sleep in the afternoon, and mum went to a fashion parade on friday night. She said she felt like a princess and had heaps of fun with aunty hayley and Ena. I would like to say a huge thankyou to Deb and Jerry from the Sandbar Surf Shop who held a raffle and raised some money for me. Mmmmwahhh. Kisses to you guys...thanks heaps.
We had great day on saturday morning, mum got her haircut off. Im spewin as there is nothing to grab hold of anymore! We also went out to the farm, and went for a walk to see all the boys. They are just gorgeous and growing heaps. They have a bit of company at the moment. There are some very nice looking heifers that Rob dropped off for a short visit. I think all the boys like having the girls around...
Next, we went to rob's house to check out all the little cows. Wow is all i can say! Mum was driving me and dad mad by telling everyone how 'cute' they were. We have 11 calves now..including 'stevo' the bull. My new calve that "Moowhistle" had. She is a great mum, and my mums right..the calf is sooo cute!
We were all tuckered out that night and slept really well.
We celebrated our first mothers day on Sunday. My mum was so excited. My dad and i made her a cuppa in bed with her new "geelong" football mug that i bought her. We also gave her some pretty nice earrings too. We went out for breakfast in town, then we all caught up with aunty hayley, uncle dale and my cousins Kyle, Blake and Connor, and their friends Janet and Jonathon for a bbq. It was really the bestest fun! My little cousins had their motorbikes and were very good at driving them! My mum even got on one with my cousin connor. It was very funny. My dad took me on heaps of rides, like the see-saw, the swing and i even got a go on the slide although dad nearly got stuck half way down cause his bum was too big! We all laughed heaps!
I know we are a bit late, but we just wanted to wish that every mum had the most bestest mothers day. Mum says to say thanks to all the messages she got, and yep, she reckons she had the most wonderful day ever! So HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!
WE also caught up with our friend Vicki, and my great aunty michelle and cousin leanne. It was wonderful to see everyone!
I had a pretty full on day today, with loads of blood taken for pre-transplant stuff. I also had a chest x-ray, just to make sure the dr's have what they call 'baseline' data, to make sure they can pick up any changes if any happen while i have my transplant.
I have to head back bright and early tomorrow for more blood tests, and an important Dr appt with Dr Karin. It sounds like i will go to hospital about a week before my new marrow is injected. During that time, i will have some very powerful 'superman juice' that will kill all my old marrow. I think this will happen over 5 days, and i will have two days rest before my new mojo (bone marrow) is put in. I will be in complete isolation when i go in for my superman juice. Then the rest is up to me. Im pretty prepared for it. Im heaps fat (mums made sure im in a good paddock!), Dr Steve said all my counts were looking good, and ive no teeth coming through at the moment! I have to go in for another small operation on thursday morning...another 'bone marrow aspiration'. Its done while im asleep, and i can go home as soon as i wake up.
Me, mum and dad just want to let everyone know that we are doing well and looking forward to transplant (or as dad calls it, Grand Final Day). We are going to do the best we can, and I know that im going in at the top of my game. Its really going to be a long haul, and we will keep everyone updated on my progress as best as we can. There will be times where we cant get on, but please feel free to keep all your messages coming. Every one of them means so much to us!
Thanks again to everyone, and lets all do some raindancing! Victoria needs it!
luv and hugs
Eli
xox

No comments: