Friday, May 23, 2008

Grand final day is approaching!

Hi guys

Hope all is going well with you...we are going ok here too. We have been lucky enough to spend a few more days than planned at home as we have finally had all the hospital stuff confirmed.
The go is:
I head to hospital on Monday arvo and straight into the isolation ward. I think it will be a pretty casual day, with only a couple of bits of medicine. I will have to have a tube up my nose and into my tummy, just to make sure that i get all my medicine, particularly if i get really sick. I think the nurses will do that on Monday night.
I hear that i have to start my 'superman' juice bright and early on Tuesday morning...this superman juice is really full on, and will be used to get rid of all my 'old' marrow and any other cootie cells that remain in my body. I think i will have the superman juice for 5 days straight, and then get a couple of days rest before my 'new' marrow goes in.
Some of the stuff i have to prepare for can include chucking up, sore nose, runny poo's and not eating so much. Mum has done a great job in 'fattening' me up, so i am going in at the top of my game.
Once my new 'mojo' goes in, i will have to wait and see whether my old stuff likes the new stuff. That apparently can take 2-4 weeks before we see what is happening. There will be a time when i will have "NO GOOD STUFF" in my body to fight any nasty cooties, so its important that i stay well.
Im not sure how long i will be in hospital for, but it could be 4-6 weeks in complete isolation in the fishbowl...i will ask mum to post a piccie of where i am.
Im not sure how im going to handle being inside for so long, but i will try and be brave and good for mum and dad. Although, i think im getting some more teeth! I hope they come through sooner rather than later!
Mum and dad are going to be with me the whole time, so i am feeling brave. I know that its going to be really hard, and i may get really really sick, but we are in really good hands, and they have some good medicine to help me get better.
So, as of monday lunchtime, we will be in lockdown. Mum and dad asked me to ask everyone to just text rather than call when im in hospital...as we really dont know how its all going to go...that would be great.
Mum also said that we will do our best to keep everyone updated.
I would like to say that i have just had the best time being at home. I saw the cows heaps, and all our friends and i just loved spending time with 'ninny'.
Anyhooo...best fly, and mum said she would try and get some piccies up soon...(new system!).
love and hugs (and please do lots of rain dancing...everyone's farms are so dry)...
ELI (oh yeah, and mum and dad!)
XOX

No comments: