Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Home, home on the range!


Me and Dr Karin - the 'transplant' guru

Me and gorgeous "Ella"

Me and "Deb" from Sandbar Surf Shop in Lakes Entrance. Thanks for everything Deb!

Hi everyone...
We have had a huge week already, gearing up for transplant. Mum and I have spent yonks in hospital getting important blood tests done and having Dr appts, and i even had a chest xray on monday. That was just to make sure all my bits inside were running well. I let the man who did my xray know that i was quite fine, and that my lungs were in superb working order!! Yep, i had a proper hissy fit and let him have it..mum felt sorry for him, and just laughed.
The nurses had to take heaps of blood from me. I heard mum say that she thought i might sleep pretty good, but i tricked her!
Anyhoo...
I also had an appointment on Tuesday with Dr Karin. Mum managed to talk her into having a photo with me, so you know who we are talking about. Dr Karin is the transplant 'guru'. She is cool too. She always calls me 'young man' which im pretty proud of! Dr Karin also said that i would have to wait one more week just to make sure that my spleen is completely ok. We thought that was pretty cool and jumped at the chance of being able to head home yet again! We are all so excited, as we have to drench the boys, catch up with all my friends and family, and have a nice relax and enjoy the fresh air while we can!
I have a small operation again tomorrow, just a quick one so the dr's can collect some of my marrow. Not a big deal at all after my spleen removal. I sure am getting used to going to sleep! And nothing that a bit of panadol wont fix after it!
I saw Sonia and Ella today. Sonia is one of mum and dads good mates, and Ella is their first baby. As you can see by the photo, she is in a great paddock and has the most amazing blue eyes...like all my 'girl friends', she is a good looker too! Hmmm...so many choices and so many pick up lines to try. I did try touching her hair, but i got carried away and started whacking instead of stroking! Mum and sonia were laughing, and i tried to be gentle!
For those that ask us about my friends Jared and Connor, they are doing great. We see Scott (their dad) almost every time we go to hospital. Connor had his spleen out straight after me, so we recovered on the same ward, and like me, rebounded great and we left hospital on the same day. Jared is getting more 'superman' juice as we speak, and i think he comes out of hospital on Friday. Connor has one more round of chemo (cause he got really really sick through his last round). They are unsure when they go to transplant, but it shouldnt be too much longer. Jared also has to have his spleen out, but they will wait a few weeks after his chemo.
So if we see you when we are home, we look forward to it. I hope you enjoy the photos, mum drives us mad continually by taking heaps of photos! But i guess it makes the blog, and you guys get to see me grow!
With lots of love and kisses (and rain!)
Eli
xox

1 comment:

PLEK said...

GDay Eli, Jodes & Pete

Wrapped the spleen operation went well, and that you got some time at home. We are all thinking of you and sure your gonna kick asses at that grand final. Your an inspiration to us all. Love Paul, Liz, Ethan & Katelyn XXOO.