Sunday, September 28, 2008

WOW...what a weekend we have had!

hi everyone...
eli here...
boy have we had a wicked weekend...i hung out with dad ALL day saturday and was just the bestest boy for him! He wonders what all the fuss is about when mum has me! Little does he know - he he he
mum got home and while very sad the cats lost, she still reckons it was the best thing ever that she has been to (even beats the smashing pumpkins concert!)...she had a ripper time and said that the hawks deserved to win coz the cats played badly and had HEAPS of opportunities to put the hawks away. But they didnt, and uncle dale was HUGELY happy with the win (as you would be!). It was a huge day for him...he caught the train all the way from lakes entrance to get to the footy, but he reckons its was worth the trip thats for sure!
mum said the highlight for her was just the experience and she would dearly like to thank CHALLENGE once again for the awesome opportunity. We were all in bed very early which was not a bad thing in hindsight because...

today is my birthday and i woke up around 12.15am and decided to celebrate a bit early! so i partied until about 1.45am and ended up kicking mum out of bed, and me and dad slept in the big bed - mum was sent packing to the single bed in my room! i slept until 6.30am and woke up but was a bit grumpy.
In saying that though, i have had an AWESOME day for my first birthday. Mum and dad took me to the park for a big swingy ding and then i opened up HEAPS of presents which was heaps of fun...i just loved the rattle of the paper, and playing with the boxes. dad took me for a really big walk and because of the really early morning, i had nearly 2 hours of sleep. When i woke up, i found nanna and grandad at my house and they were there to share my big day. While me and dad were walking, mum cooked some party pies, sausage rolls and little boys and i had my first cheezel...yummo!

I opened up some more presents and mum kept telling me about all the people who had called or sent messages to me for my birthday! boy there have been heaps and heaps so a huge thankyou to all of you who have had the time to send your messages through to me...i feel like a very special boy and really stoked that so many people have thought of us. So THANKS A MILLION!

anyways, its been a huge day, and im absolutely exhausted from my shenanigans so i best head off to bed to try and get some sleep so i am civil to mum and dad this arvo!

Tomorrow is another busy day...i will be back to the dr's to see what they reckon...we are very quietly hoping we can go home really soon. Lots of ducks have to line up for that to happen, but we are quietly confident things will happen soon and we can share the good news....

love and hugs to all and enjoy the photos!
lots of love
eli
xox

Me helping mum get ready for the big day!

pre-match entertainment. mum and uncle dale said that powderfinger ROCKED!

Mum and uncle dale enjoying the experience - THANKS CHALLENGE!

More grandfinal stuff

The game begins...and we all know the result!


happy birthday wishes from my good friend kate

just have to taste test my pressies of course...mmm...not so good!

me and dad on the swingy-ding...i love to sing when im swinging!La La La!

wow...sooo many pressies where to start...i have been SOOOOO lucky! Thanks everyone!

nanna and grandad from bacchus marsh came over to help me celebrate...

me and my birthday hat which i was happy to keep on!

Thanks for the birthday message wren!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Eli,

A big happy birthday to you on your 1st birthday! What a big and brave year you've just had. We hope the next year sees you back at home with your cows and running around, healthy and happy!