Monday, September 15, 2008

1 more sleep

Hi there gang
Went for my FINAL ganciclovir transfusion today - YIPPEEEEE...man it felt good to have the last one done. I had the usual grease and oil change (noodles changed) and it all seemed to flow pretty easy today which was nice.
My levels are all pretty good, although the full blood count will be done tomorrow when i am sleeping. It will be an interesting day with the bone marrow stuff done but we are hoping that all the news will be good news and that my new mojo is working.
We had a lovely weekend. We went to lake jubilee in daylesford which was really nice. It was good to get out of town and celebrate some awesome spring weather. The blokes next door are pretty much working 6 days a week, so its constant heavy machinery and boy are they bloody loud! Mum reckons we might have to hang out at one of her friends houses during the day, just so i can get some sleep as im like a bear with a sore head when i dont get much sleep!
Im starting to feel well again, i had an off day yesterday and wasnt interested in eating too much, but im feeling much better today and back to my sprightly self. Mum and dad dont worry too much. The main thing they watch is my temperature, and thats been pretty good so we dont stress about it...
Dr steve said im tracking in the right direction and that it may be at least another 2-3 weeks before we can think about heading home. He reckons i have to wait until he is sure the CMV stuff has disappeared for now and that my platelets stay above 50. Apparently all my 'chemistry' today was looking good, and my immunoglobin stuff was really good so i dont have to have an infusion for that.
The other thing that is likely to happen before i head home is my noodles being pulled out...im not sure whether im hugely excited about that. My friend connor had to have his pulled out coz he ended up getting too many bugs in it. I reckon he feels loads lighter with that thing gone...
im definitely excited about being 'plastic' free but i guess i will feel a bit naked without it coz its been part of my body for so long! i know mum will be pleased with it gone, she reckons i give her too many heart attacks when i 'pretend' to pull it out..yikes!
Anyways...will keep you posted regarding the stuff tomorrow.
Enjoy the day
lots of love and hugs
xox

No comments: