Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A grease and oil change please!

Hi gang
Eli here...just got out of hospital after an impromptu visit...we had to get my bloods done yesterday morning in case i needed anything...

i didnt get far! I got called back in the afternoon to have my platelets added to with a transfusion. So we were there 2 hours waiting for that to happen, and then we were told my blood was really really low (50) so i had to stay in overnight so they could put more blood in me over 8 hours! Dad stayed with me, and i decided to be a bit of a bugger, and let him know that i have more teeth on the move! Mum and dad checked out my gob and yep...only a few days off getting my 4th tooth..the top right one is definitely on its way...so i have impressed mum with getting 4 teeth in four weeks, as well as having chemo and some transfusions on top of it all! Yay...

Im also neutropenic (low neutraphills that help fight infection)...and i was extremely lucky to get out of the hospital, because i didnt get a temperature at all...if i did get a temp, i would have had to stay in there for yonks...mum and dad are VERY proud of me!!

Anyways...im home now...and feeling much better. I have a busy weekend ahead, with visits from great nan and poppa from Deniliquin and nan and pa from bacchus marsh. I think Rob and Vicki from buchan are also coming to say hello as well... Rob and Vicki are looking after our cows while we wait for them to have their babies...So busy busy...

We are all still doing well, and feel like we are half way there...only a few months to go now!

love, hugs and sunshine (and a bit of rain) to all!
Eli
xox

No comments: