Friday, April 11, 2008

Chemo update!


Me and Dr Steve doin very important 'dr' stuff!


Hi everyone!
Eli here...just to let everyone know that i have finished my second round of chemo...im feeling ok at the moment...will need to wait and see how i go a couple of weeks down the track, when my counts get really low (you will probably hear me in Gippsland!)
I handled it ok, although i did puke a fair bit on the final day (poor mum copped a couple of rippers!) I have been off my food a bit, but mum gave me big hugs tonite cause i ate a fair bit...need to keep my weight on so i dont get one of those tubes up my nose-ewwww.
All is well, and i just have to wait and see how i pull up from this round, before they start talking about the next plan of action - possibly my spleen out, but that hasnt been confirmed as yet.
I will be heading for a blood test on monday, and will have another blood test on wednesday and a dr appt. Im not sure whats happened to Dr Steve, but i did hear on the grapevine that his little bambino might be on the way...HOW EXCITING! Now he will know what life is all about! 
Oh yeah, i have a couple of photos of me and Dr Steve, the first one is of me 'helping' dr steve with you know...Dr stuff! The second one is of me and Dr Steve...i really like him...he is very nice to me, mum and dad...and apparently knows his stuff pretty good too! Well, he is making me better, so something has to be going right!
On the social side of life, i have been to the Victoria Market for the first time...it was awesome. Lots of new things to look at (and slobber on when mums not looking!), and to smell as well...its baby heaven!
We have also moved into our new house with the Leukaemia foundation...its bloody AWESOME. i have my own room again thank goodness! Sick of hearing dad snoring! Geez they are noisy sleepers, tossing and turning all the time...could hardly get ANY sleep...I guess everyones a winner!!!
I must admit, we are all looking much more 'sprightly' in the mornings due to some good sleep!
Anyways...will keep you all posted, better head off for now.
We got a collection of goodies from Lakes Entrance through Robyn, Max, Matt and Sarah Pendle and their associates. The stuff looks AWESOME...and i know the kids at the hospital will absolutely LOVE it! So thanks HEAPS you guys...great job!
I would also like to thank Pat and Mel Shegog for helping us rally Johnson & Johnson...i hear they have donated HEAPS of bandaids for the Childrens Cancer Centre...So thanks for the great work there too...
I know we keep harping on about it, but we are just so thankful for all your support and the stuff you guys are sending through...the looks on the faces of the staff is priceless...i will try and get some piccies to post. Everyone really does appreciate it...and mum is doing her best to keep bairnsdale and lakes entrance on the 'map'!
anyhoo, best fly...thanks so much again, and dont forget to leave a comment, we would love to hear from you
lots of love, kisses and sunshine
Eli
xox

1 comment:

Kathy Ann said...

Hi everyone it's kathy canary here and just wanted to say it's great to hear that Eli is doing well. Even Axel in Germany has been keeping a close eye on the blog, keeping up to date with Eli's progress. I just love the photos of Eli and his bunny rabbit ears!!! Wishing you all the best with the treatment and bloods results.

Lots of love and kisses for Jodie and Pete as well as Eli
Kathy, on behalf of all the canaries!