Saturday, July 5, 2008

We are free - VALE BETTY SMITH, our 'ninny'

Hi guys
been very busy...i was officially released on Tuesday 1 July when my neutraphills went above 1000! While it is very exciting, we still have to be so careful cause i cannot afford to get sick. Dr Karin and Dr Steve have still supressed my immune system so that my new mojo can work. It will be like that for a while yet and boy, do i have to take HEAPS of medicine! ewwww.
At last count, i have around 8 different sorts at night, including a needle that dad gives me in my leg...there is a little butterfly needle in my thigh which can be accessed every night. I have to have that needle to help my cells grow. Its a bit uncomfortable, but dad is pretty good, while mum pins me down..doesnt usually take long, and it just stings a bit. Hopefully we can stop that by the end of this week.
It is soooo way cool being out...when i was released, we jumped in the car and went to sale to see ninny. We didnt want to say much on the blog, but she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 2 weeks before i went to transplant. Mum was especially devastated, cause ninny has always been like a mum to her. It was pretty hard before i went to transplant, coz we had to say goodbye to her. But ninny and mum kept talking while i was in transplant, and ninny said that she would hang on until we got out. She kept her promise, and we got to see her on Tuesday night. Boy was it fun...i played a bit with her glasses, and showed her how i could clap my hands. She was so proud, and was amazed to see that i still loved my mums boobs, and that i was a little porky! I sat in her lap and played with her for a while...she looked very beautiful. Mum said that ninny had been pretty crook, so it was awesome to see her feeling ok.
Unfortunately, ninny passed away this morning. all my family are devastated, but relieved as she fought her battle with so much dignity and is now finally resting. So all my love (and mum and dads) go to our pa and the rest of our family, as we all come to grips with not having our beautiful ninny with us anymore. As mum says, we have an angel watching over us now.
So join us while we smile brightly every day for the next week, as we celebrate our nans life. We will remember ninny, every day.


I have been in and out of hospital a fair bit to get platelets and magnesium transfusions mainly...they take about 7 -8 hours all up so they are long ones. Dad is looking at heading back to work on monday, so wamma is coming over to help mum out when we go to the hospital...hopefully it wont be for too much longer, but i reckon we will be down here for another 6-8 weeks, it all just depends on what my counts are doing. I have to have a big blood test on monday, that will see what my new mojo is doing and how much of it is the new stuff, and how much of my old stuff i still have in my system. the dr's are hoping that the nasty conditioning 'the crappy superman juice' i had cleaned up a lot of it, but we really just have to wait and see. I think we are all just happy to be out of home after 37 days in hospital - and apparently i was one of the lucky ones after being released after 26 days post transplant! Cool huh!
anyhoos, i had better go, nearly feeding time at the zoo.
love to everyone and we will chat again soon.
luv and hugs
eli
xox

No comments: