Friday, July 11, 2008

Farewell Ninny...but HELLO TOYS!

HI guys

its been a crazy week this week...im continuing to progress well, and had some more platelets and magnesium on Monday. It was a long day, we were at hospital around 8am and didnt get out until about 4.30! Ninnys funeral took place on Wednesday, so we drove down in the morning. Wamma looked after me and did a great job! We sung old macdonald had a farm, had some fish and chips! MMMM, yummo! Mum and dad said the funeral was beautiful and just the way that ninny would have wanted it. Pa did awesome putting it all together...Mum said she gave a speech for ninny and so did cousin casey, great grand-daughter shivanna and brad. Mum said as sad as it was, it was just ninny and thats all we can ask for!
We came home on wednesday night, and went back to see Dr Karin on Thursday again. My counts were pretty good, and i dont have to have the needle in my leg anymore which is kinda cool. My steriod has also been tapered which is good news, and my platelets and bloods were awesome, and i only had to be in hospital for half the day with a top up of platelets!
Dr karin reckons i should be making my own stuff soon, which means hopefully I wont have to have transfusions so regularly. I guess every appointment now means there is one less we have to worry about and we hopefully can start thinking about coming home!
I just wanted to thank our great mates kyles and mel for organising a 'get well' drive. We came home on monday to a huge envelope of card from all mum and dads work places...the words of love and support were AWESOME from EVERYONE...so THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH...its exactly what we needed after a huge day in hospital.
I would also like to thank my friends darcy and amber for sending me a lolly bag and a pass the parcel...man i had the absolute BEST Fun in the whole world and the paper tasted GREAT! i loved the the little pressies and 'moowhistle' the cow...mum, dad and wamma sure did love the chocolates! So thanks a million...
All of you guys completely ROCK!
The other exciting thing was that the STARLIGHT FOUNDATION delivered a 'wish box' for me to help me keep smiling. Boy, you should have seen all the cool stuff in it! I got trucks, a ball, wiggles stuff, cd's, dvd's and a big storage box to keep it all. We had heaps of fun unwrapping it all! So thanks so much to the sonia from the starlight foundation for making my day. Im sorry i was a bit grumpy, but when i got my mits on the toys, i was heaps happy. Its people like the starlight foundation that help grant wishes to seriously ill children like me to help them feel better! Thanks HEAPS!!!
Mum will try and get some piccies on the blog soon, but i continue to get stronger every day...and hopefully we will get some idea of how my new mojo is doing next week.
Thanks again to all of you for your love and support...
hugs, kisses and lots of rain
eli
xox

No comments: