Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dr says....

Hi guys

just an update...went to the dr's on monday and Dr steve said i was doing really well and was ticking all the boxes. I got the results of the special blood test today too...out of 300 cells they counted, 300 were donor cells, yahoooooy! So at this stage, the new mojo is working really really well...im being a bit of a bugger and only sleeping 40 MINUTES in a whole day which is driving mum crazy...20mins in the morning and 20mins in the arvo...i guess i get cranky a fair bit too and give mum a hard time. Its lucky wamma is over at the moment, cause she is looking after me a fair bit to give mum a bit of a break...
my counts have come down again but they are still at a good level...cause im making all my own stuff now. i havent had that needle which makes everything grow for ages, so my counts have done well to stay where they are. Dr Karin says as soon as i make my own platelets, there is a good chance i will be able to head home...i know mum and dad are talking to my new mojo every day...but i guess we ALL know that if something were to go pear-shaped, we are only 10mins from the emergency department, so we are definitely better off up here.
im still sitting up heaps, but not moving too much...just starting to swivel and show mum how clever i am. Sometimes i fall onto my tummy when im trying really hard to reach things...and i still love my dvd's and i still love to dance heaps too.
I made a bit of a mess in the washing basket...mum chucked me in there to have a little play so i could soak up some rays...mum was on the phone, and didnt realise i had done number two's and i kinda got it EVERYWHERE...i could hear mum say 'damn nappies' and wamma say 'damn kid!!' and i completely cracked it with them while they got me clean again...it took mum ages to calm me down and im sure she wanted to put some vodka in my vegies and tuna...although i know she would NEVER do that to me...the washing machine has been going full pelt for half the day...pretty funny really!
anyways...i best fly...and i will hopefully catch up with you all soon...
luv and heaps of hugs
eli
xox

No comments: