Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another update

Hi everyone!
eli here..mum finally brought the computer into hospital so i could write and say hello. Mum has been doing a great job keeping everyone in the loop of whats been going on. As you all know, i have been pretty crook but im feeling much better now. thanks to everyone for the kisses and hugs too...they were ace and mum made sure i got EVERY one of them...
I have had 2 negatives for the cmv bug i have which is kinda cool. Monday will be a big day for all of us. I will be coming to the end of my antibiotics to deal with the VRE and staf infection i have, and the dr's will reassess my cmv results, so fingers crossed i get another negative on monday. The stuff im getting to fix the cmv is pretty potent, and i will be happy when i get off that. My platelets are still cruising on a fairly low number (10-20), but they wont give me a bag until i drop below 10. my bloods are holding nicely, but im still needing an infusion of magnesium occassionally and im still on oodles of medication. Im pretty proud of myself coz i take all my medicine pretty well, although some of it does taste yuk.
At the moment im watching lots of wiggles, reading my books and playing on the floor with mum and dad. We are hoping to head out of hospital next week if i stay well enough, but it will all depend on results, and we wont know that until monday. Even if i do get out, i think i will have to come back in 3 days a week morning and night to get an infusion of medicine for the cmv. Its a big pest to get rid of. One good thing is that my steroids have been decreased and are at a level that i was on just before i came back to hospital about 4 weeks ago. They were going to reduce it again yesterday but decided not to because i got a little bit of a rash again, so hopefully next week it will go down again. Im definitely not as hungry, and have just started loosing a bit of weight which is kinda cool coz my belly hurt because it was so big!
anyways, all we can think about is getting out of here...i cant believe we have been here for over 4 weeks. the first week or so flew because i was so sick. I really dont remember much, but am happy just playing for now.
Anyways, i best go, mums on my back to pick up my toys and go down for a sleep...she spoils all my fun!
Mum says to wish our great mates donna and mel a very happy birthday as well as my cousin BLAKE...we cant wait to get home so i can give you all big cuddles!
love to all and glad to see all your raindances working! Keep going!!!
luv and hugs
eli
xox

No comments: