Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Its been yonks!

Hi guys
sooo sorry its taken a while to get back to you...ive been concentrating hard on getting better.
Its been a pretty big week, i got a bit of a fever and started some antibiotics last thursday...no biggie...they are there to help me get better while my new mojo starts working.
I havent had a temp since, but im still on the antibiotics for now.
We have had a quiet week...i had a fantastic visit from My great aunty jen, cousin casey and deb, their next door neighbour.
We have also had some good news, i have had some 'counts' as of sunday. They have come really really early, so the dr's are doing some tests today to see whether they are my new cells, or whether they are my old cells. I think they said that we should know some results in about a week. My neutrophills are starting to increase, so while things are happening earlier than most would, i guess either way something is happening.
Ive been up and down and having some sort of transfusion nearly every 2 days - particularly for platelets, which apparently is one of the last things to start producting by themselves. So if you feel like you are happy to give some platelets, please do, there are heaps of people in here just like me that need them, just like blood...Mum is the biggest wuss ever, but has donated before...it really is for a good cause.
So thats it for now...we are just concentrating on getting as well as i can. My belly is still pretty sore, but i am eating pretty much normally for now...mum has called me custard guts for a while-thats all i really wanted! But now, im happy to eat yummy vegies again, and mum is doing a good job in limiting my custard intake to only a couple of tins a day instead of about 5!!! i probably wont like custard when i get big!
I hope you are all well, and we look forward to hearing from you at some stage.

thanks so much for the comments...they always make us smile.
luv and hugs
eli
xox

No comments: