Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hi guys

gidday everyone
eli here...all is going well...my neutrophills are sitting at .26...i need 3 days of .5 to venture out of my hidey hole into the 'bat cave'...i am getting better with my counts going well everyday...it really is just one day at a time.

i have been eating HEAPS and mum reckons im totally back to normal. Mum and dad made the executive decision to stop my naso gastric feeds yesterday (it was only running at 5ml an hour anyways)...I was also weaned off the morphine over the past couple of days...mum and dad reckon i was heaps scatty and very very temperamental. I also gave them a bit of dido last night. I dont think i really slept much over the past 3 nights and was completely grumpy yesterday. I know mum and dad were keen to let me go 'cold turkey' and im feeling much more like myself today.

Aunty hayley came to visit..mum and dad reckons it was great to see her...she was very brave catching the train up from home by herself...she did a great job!

we would also like to say thanks to the gippsland grammar school. Aunty hayley showed mum and dad some footage she took of all the events...it made mum and dad laugh heaps...especially the noodle eating and air guitar competition! It looked like heaps of fun, and we were thinking of you heaps. Perhaps when i get better, i can go and meet a few of the gang who put it all together!

Overall, i continue to get stronger every day...Dr Karin said she was really happy with my progress to date...i still have heaps to go, but it looks like 'engraftment' of my new mojo is happening. I had a big blood test on Wednesday to see what was happening and whether it was my new cells doing their job. Hopefully we will find the results early next week. My weight is holding steady, and im back to eating more meat and vegies much to everyone's delight. Dr Karin said i was going to be one of the very few who left transplant without a naso-gastric tube and able to feed like a normal kid. Im pretty proud of that.

Anyhoo, i best fly...its nearly feeding time at the zoo, and im keen to catch up on much needed sleep (waking up every hour was pretty hard work for mum and dad!)
love and hugs to all
eli
xox

ps hope you enjoy the new video!

No comments: