Sunday, June 20, 2010

A bit more news

Hi guys

just a few bits and pieces that i missed last week...

We received a lovely email from Kelli again, saying that the 'melon' t-shirt had arrived safely and that she was stoked... I have attached the photo of Kelli wearing the shirt along with a few of her 'training' partners...its a great pic, we hope you enjoy it!

Kelli, Eli's t-shirt and Kelli's training friends all the way from the USA! Cool Huh! Little bugger made it there before we did!

I forgot to mention that "Boatshed Quilting" pulled together a fantastic 'apron' show..it was the first time i really hooked in with a 'creative licence' and pulled together a 'farmyard' apron. The day was held in early may and it was an absolute hoot! A wonderful total of $245.00 was raised and donated to Ronald McDonald House in Clayton...a place we stayed alot when Eli was receiving his initial treatment...they were simply sensational and looked after us well. I have attached a pic of the apron i made...and wrote the following to describe it - like all good fashionista's should LOL

This "farmyard" apron was inspired by my nephews Kyle, Blake and Connor and was made in memory of Eli Charlie.
My nephews helped create the animals and even went as far as pinning and choosing buttons for each animal's eyes.
My creation will be lovingly used to cook porridge and perhaps a roast or two and is hoped to be the envy of all my mates!
One of my most favourite memories while making the apron was watching Connor try and cut a pin in half with my best scissors!
This is my first creation without any pattern and is proud to have used it to raise money for such a good cause - Ronald McDonald House, a place my family used extensively in the past...
My gorgeous (and busy!) apron...yes, ive officially come out of the closet...i love to quilt!


Perhaps i got some further inspiration from my gumboots which i love!


Just a final plug for our Angel Ball...if anyone would like to buy some raffle tickets, please let me know...just send me an email through: eli-simpson@hotmail.com. Tickets are $2 each and you can win an accomodation package and theatre production in Melb (over $600 and donated by Travelscene in Bairnsdale), a 4 burner bbq ($500 and donated by Dahlsens Bairnsdale), a variety hamper ($200 donated by Terry White Chemists in Bairnsdale), a Total Care Roadside Assistance Package ($185 donated by RACV Bairnsdale) and a Citizens Workmans Watch ($165 donated by Bairnsdale Fine Jewellers)...all fantastic prizes...we have had around $3,000 worth of prizes donated by local Businesses in bairnsdale...a bloody magnificent effort for a small country town...i think its indicative of the cause - ANGELFLIGHT...thanks to all involved. Tickets for the ball are sold through the Bairnsdale RSL...come along and enjoy the night!

The last thing to mention is that pete finally got his 'melon' tattoo yesterday. I think it has turned out perfectly! We are not necessarily a tattoo family, but this is yet another small way to ensure melon is with us forever...i will eventually get one, but i feel that being able to donate blood while i can is much more important at this point in time (for those that dont know, you cant donate blood for 12 months once you have had a tattoo)...it will give me a bit more time to make sure that what i get will be absolutely perfect! LOL...

I think that just about wraps it all up for us here at the moment...its starting to feel like its going to rain, which i hope it does...we need the rain!

Love and hugs to all
the simpsons
xoxox

No comments: