Saturday, May 9, 2009

A tribute to Eli from cousin Kyle

Hi everyone.
It has been a bit of time since i wrote...we have been back and forth to melbourne once again with work, but am home again for a short stint...

i was going to rave about how wonderful the angel ball was (and it truly was!)...but i got a wonderful email this morning that i thought needs just a spot on its own. It was from my sister hayley, and it had a poem written by Kyle, Hayley's son and Eli's cousin who is 8. While we cried some tears, it made my heart sing...it truly captured what people are no doubt still feeling (i know we are)...chidren are just so beautifully innocent.

So, without further ado, here is Kyle's poem.

The stars so bright
in the dark sky
the one i love is Eli's
it shines in the night

I miss my cousin heaps
he was special to me
he is safe in heaven now
a place where he can be pain free

i will never forget Eli
he was so brave
I wish that i could hug him
I miss him so much.

Kyle Talbot - 8 years.


Thanks for sharing it with us kyle (and yes, i did ask his permission before i 'blogged' it)! I have a book of poems that we have received since Eli passed away..so if you feel the need to put your thoughts down, i do keep them all in a special book i often reflect on. You can send them to eli-simpson@hotmail.com and they will stay with us forever.

Thanks again Kyle.
luv and hugs
the simpsons
xox

No comments: