Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We are all finally home...

Hi there everyone
mum here.
Wow...its been the toughest couple of days, but we are truly humbled by all the love and support we have received in just such a short time. We thank cannot thank you all enough and we were just so pleased to be able to share our beautiful son with you all. We want to keep his memory alive and are thrilled to know that he touched so many lives.

It was absolutely comforting to know that our son is 'home'. Since he died, we just wanted him to be looked after because there were things we could no longer do for him and we had to trust in others that they would do their best for him. Eli arrived in bairnsdale early this afternoon and we were just so relieved to have him here with us and to know that he is in such good hands. Tom, Rachel and Peter vowed they would look after him, and we are comforted by the fact that they are.
We saw Eli again today and he looked exactly the same as we left him...in total peace. He is just so lovely.
While it is still extremely hard and no words can express it, we are looking forward to celebrating a life that has had an impact on us all.

We invite you to attend a celebration of eli's life which will take place at the Silver Lining Funeral Home chapel at 11.30am on Friday 21st November at 30 Victoria Street, Bairnsdale.
For the 'outta towners!" coming from melbourne, at the first roundabout turn left and travel about 100metres. The chapel is on the right pretty much across from the hospital.

Both pete and i look forward to seeing you there.

all the best
the simpsons
xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs Simpson....you may not remeber me and I dont expect you too..I was a student nurse in A&E Bairnsdale Hospital..back in Oct 2008 wnen I met you and Eli...each day since our meeting I have thought of Eli, you and your family with great respect. you have mentioned that Eli was "brave and inspirational " and I agree fully....the day a spent some time with Eli and yourself I was amazed at how well you both held up....truly that was monumental, but you and your husband have been just as brave and inspirational..Eli only followd in his parents footsteps...as well as all you family...

There will never be a word or a prase that I could say to ease your pain....I will say that you and your beautiful boy have left a deep feeling within my heart...I do thank you for that...

As I am sure you have been swamped with people and offerings...I will get on the band wagon...If there is anything I can assit you with for Friday or any day...I am avalible and can cook....

Much love sent you way and hugs too..