Tuesday, October 28, 2008

eli here

hi everyone
eli here...mum FINALLY let me get on and say hello...she reckons today is the best day that we have had yet so she let me on for a few minutes to say g'day.
i guess you already know that ive been a bit crook...some of the nurses reckon i look like someone who went to the tanning salon and it went REALLY wrong...mum tried to take a couple of pics of me, but they didnt work out so good. mum's calling me a little ooompalooompa but dad reckons im like a little cane toad...one of those tough little buggers you cant get rid of! I spose its better than being called a weed!
im feeling much better..sick enough to tell mum and dad i dont like vegies...but well enough to eat nearly a whole bag of twisties!
Twisties are bloody sensational...mum reckons i feel as passionately about twisties as she does about pina colada's - whatever they are :-)
im feeling ok...ive get a bit of a tummy ache every now and then and ive got weird things going on in my nappy as a result. the dr's have put me on some different medicines to try and clear up my tummy pain (and the nappy thing!)...so we will see if that is working or not in a few days.
Unfortunately we are pretty much back at square 1 with all of the tranfusions...whatever hit me has knocked my mojo around a bit and my platelets and blood have suffered, so im having lots of transfusions again.
im so special now that even my blood has to be warmed specially!
The liver queen came back for a visit last night and said that i was a very lucky little boy. My liver results are slowly trending down which is brilliant and im back to having a pick of things to eat. She said its going to take a while to get over this 'hit' and that im probably pretty lucky to be here at all. Very close call.
I feel like i have been on another planet for the past 2 weeks, and its only today that ive been able to sit up, watch mum and dad fuss over me like mad and take things in. i cant stay awake like i used to, coz i get pretty tired, but as mum keeps saying, its small steps...
mums looking cranky and she is telling me to get off the computer and have something to eat...ive got that nose tube in again to help me get my energy back. not to special for picking up chicks though...i think mum and dad are pretty keen to say goodbye to it, but it has been good getting some milk while i was sleeping all the time. i didnt feel like eating too much back then!
anyhoo..love to everyone. Ive been pretty lucky coz i had a visit from great nan and poppa from deniliquin, nana from bacchus marsh, kate and her mum b from home and tania from the leukaemia foundation...very special.
Micka from challenge has been keeping mum and dad entertained, and even bought in some krispy kreme donuts for them to munch on today...bloody sensational. i had a little bit but i was too full from all the twisties to eat too much!
mums cracking the whip, better fly before i get into real trouble!
love to all
eli
xox

1 comment:

Kathy Ann said...

hahey jodes, so glad to hear eli is back on track. had us very scared and worried for you all. I have been trying to call but get answering machine of course. not sure if i should leave a message but can you give me a buzz when you can. I would like to visit for a wee bit if thats ok, got some goodies for eli!!!!!!!!

thank you
kathy canary