Wednesday, February 20, 2008

there really are ANGELS!


Hi guys

we went to melbourne yesterday and were very very lucky to get an 'angel flight' so we were up and back on the same day...mum and dad were so happy! Pilot "Tom Courtney" looked after us very well, and did a great job flying us to morrabin airport where we were then met by an 'Earth Angel' who transported us to the monash medical centre. We were in the air by 2pm and got home at 3.30! all we can say is WOW and thank the wonderful people who volunteer their time and planes to help people like us get to the Dr's in Melbourne..they truly do an awesome job.

All is stable from my side of things...my treatment will continue at the Royal Childrens hospital. We will hopefully meet the transplant guru in the next couple of weeks, so we can start talking tactics. at the moment, im on vitamen A which will help mature the leukaemia cells in some patients, so we will have to see if it works with me...its a bit of job getting the medicine out of the capsule in a form i can swallow it, but dad is doing us proud and has a system worked out.

anyhoo, i now have my flying legs, i didnt think i would be so lucky as to have a flight under my belt at four and half months...but im definitely making the most of it!

well, best be off...love to you all

eli
xox

1 comment:

Russell said...

Hi little guy, I read your blog. I haven't met you yet but I know your Mum. I call her Kath Hubbard cause she laughs like Kath off Kath & Kim and when she worked in our office she had a little cupboard of an office. I getting my head shaved for Lukemia research soon so don't laugh! Stay strong and say Hi to your mum for me. Regards Russell